...a priceless delight in God's presence

"Our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with joyful shouting;
then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."
The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad!" Psalms 126:2,3

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

I was super surprised and very excited when Katrina of Edelweiss Patterns nominated me quite out-of-the-blue to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!


The rules of the award are to:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.

First off, I owe a huge thank-you to Katrina, who has one of the loveliest blogs out there- If you hadn't already received an award, I would nominate you right away! :D But, quite seriously, readers, if you haven't checked out Katrina's beautiful costumes, patterns, and vintage dresses, it is so worth your while that I suggest you do it now!

Alrightey, to begin, I need to tell y'all 7 facts about myself:

1. I simply *adore* music! Some of my favorite genres would have to be Christian, Classical, and Southern Gospel Quartets. Go Ernie Haase and the Gaithers! :D
2. I play 4 (yes, four!) instruments; piano, ukulele, dulcimer, and harp. I don't play them terribly, nor do I play them terribly well. Of the four, I happen to be the best at piano and harp.
3. I live in a family of 7, in a 1700 square foot house, on 3 gorgeous park-like acres. I like to call our home the "Fair Weather Hospitality Home." Why, you ask? Because our home is too small to accommodate large groups of people in anything but fair weather! :D
4. If I ever start a band with my brother (in one word: unlikely), we've narrowed the band name down to one of three; Band name #1: Nobody. Album name: Listens. Band name #2: Nothing. That way, when someone asks what you're listening to, you can quite truthfully say, "Nothing." Nah, just kidding on that one. Band Name #3: The Below Average Band. Can't you see it making millions on YouTube with a name like that? Then, of course, once they clicked on it, they'd realize that we weren't lying, and that we are a below-average band. :P
5. I have the funniest siblings. The other day two of my family members were gone on a missions trip, and my youngest sister had decided to make a card to welcome home only one of them. Only one of them? Yes. Oh, yes. That is, until she had a dream in which the said un-welcomed family member died. Died! Then she announced to the entire family that she had decided to welcome both of them back, because, as everyone knows, "a live sibling is better than a dead one." -Actual quote, guys.
6. My pet peeve would have to be leaving the blinds open at night. After all, who knows what's staring at you out from out there?
7. I hope one day to start my very own online business, quite similar, in fact, to Katrina's and Mrs. Jennie Chancey's gorgeous websites. My specialty? Modest formal wear and special occasion dresses.
Right now I'm working on a 1/2 size pattern for Rapunzel's dress from the movie Tangled.

And now for the nominations!

Here are 15 bloggers I love to read:
1. Fresh Modesty- Adorable, modest outfit ideas and e-patterns
2. Wearing History- Vintage dresses and patterns
3. Tea Rose Home- Utterly gorgeous, ruffled t-shirt makeovers and how-tos
4. Welcome to the gOOd life- Darling wardrobe remodels
5. Busily Spinning Momma- Re-create Anthropologie inspired trends
6. Quietude- Vintage outfits for the family!
7. Cotton & Curls- Amazing tutorials- the next one on my to-do list? Her ruffled pencil skirt!
8. See Kate Sew- Free patterns and D.I.Y.'s for purses, baby clothes, furniture, you name it
9. Craft Passion- One-of-a-kind crafts to make, give, and keep
10. The Boyer Family Singers- A unique blog written by an entire family that features adorable outfits, recipes, fun tips, and anything vintage
11. Sense and Sensibility Patterns Blog- Features fun facts about Jane Austen's England, plus updates and special sales on all patterns
12. The Mended Soul- Stunning, historically accurate, hand-stitched costumes
13. The Fashionable Past- Beautiful, period-correct outfits and gowns
14. Visionary Daughters- Biblical counsel on boy/girl relationships from a Christian worldview
15. Bramblewood Modest Fashion Blog- Modest outfits and accessories ideas to try

While I have taken every effort to nominate only those blogs that have proven themselves to be trustworthy, reliable, and wholesome in the past, reader discretion is still heartily recommended. :)

Once again, I want to thank Katrina for the award and to tell y'all to go check out all of these super inspiring blogs! :D

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Alicia! Thank you SO MUCH for nominating us! :)
    I am so glad that Katrina nominated you for the blog award! And you are indeed inspiring. :)

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Brigid, I just left a comment on your blog telling y'all about your nomination. Glad to do it! :D

      Delete
    2. Hey Alicia, just for curiosity's sake, have you heard of Mabel D. Erwin's practical dress design? It is a REALLY good pattern design book (at least so far as I have read it. I just started) and she uses a half scale dress form to teach you how to manipulate darts in AMAZING ways!

      Brigid
      The Middle Sister and Singer

      Delete
    3. No, Brigid, I haven't, but I'm going right now to check it out! Thanks for the tip. :D

      Delete
  2. So excited that you won a bloggy award! How cool is that! Congrats! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I really enjoy listening to Classical and Southern Gospel music, too. You made me laugh so hard on numbers four and five. That's so sweet what your sister said. :) Oh, yes, I'm with you 100% on the blinds. That dress is beautiful so far. This was so fun to read. Blessings! Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete